Did your Super Bowl party = a super mess? You may need to call a professional cleaner for help. But if you’re dealing with small carpet spots, such as soda that was spilled in the midst of the excitement, you may be able to take care of the carpet yourself.
Follow this technique from Stainmaster(R) to remove carpet spots:
- Blot as much of the spot as possible.
- Prepare either a detergent cleaning solution of 1/4 teaspoon liquid dish soap with 1 cup warm water or a vinegar cleaning solution of 2 tablespoons white vinegar with 4 cups warm water.
- Pretest the solution on a spot of the carpet.
- Apply the cleaning solution to the affected area by putting it on a cloth and using the cloth to apply to the carpet. Work from the outside of the spot toward the center.
- Let the solution soak into the carpet for at least five minutes.
- Blot the spot with a clean white cloth until no more soda transfers to the cloth. Do not rub the spot or you might damage the carpet fibers and further embed the soil.
- Rinse with cold water. Be sure all cleaning solution is removed from the carpet.
- If you can still see the spot, repeat the process until the soda is removed or it no longer transfers to the cloth.
If you’re unable to remove the spot on your own, or if you’re ready to rethink rented carpet machines and get a deep professional cleaning, call ServiceMaster Clean in a Wink for help: 316-219-9696.
Stainmaster(R) is a registered trademark of Invista North America S.A.R.L. Corporation.