You may not think of Halloween as a messy holiday, but after the floors are littered with costume glitter, candy remnants are on your floors and your jack-o-lantern is stuck to the porch, you may reconsider.
Here are a few cleaning tips to help you tackle your post-Halloween challenges:
- Sticky candy. Mix 1 teaspoon of neutral detergent and 1 cup of lukewarm water. Blot the spot using this solution and a cloth. Finish by blotting with water, then scrape off the candy.
- Chocolate. Remove as much of the chocolate as possible, then follow these step-by-step instructions from Stainmaster(R). *
- Pumpkin. Use a spoon to scrape off as much as possible, then scrub the surface with a solution of dishwashing liquid and water.
- Glitter. Vacuum up any glitter you can. For the remnants, try rolling some Play-Doh over the mess to pick up the sparkles.
If you had a really unlucky Halloween, here are two extra tips:
- Toilet paper. Clean up toilet paper before it rains or before sprinklers go off, as wet toilet paper is a nightmare to clean. If dry toilet paper is high up in a tree, use a ladder and a stick wrapped in sticky duct tape to grab it.
- Eggs. Pick up the eggshells, then use a hose to remove as much of the egg as possible. If eggs are stuck to surfaces, place a rag soaked in half water, half vinegar, on the egg for 15 to 20 minutes. Then wipe down the area with another rag.
If there’s post-Halloween cleaning you can’t complete, call us at 316-219-9696 or 888-GET-WINK.
*Stainmaster(R) is a registered trademark of Invista North America S.A.R.L. Corporation.