The experts at HGTV ® suggest these tips to put your house at the top of a buyer’s list:
1. Half-empty closets. Every buyer is looking for storage, so remove half the items from your closets and organize what’s left in there.
2. Light it up. Maximize the light in your home by taking down the drapes, cleaning the windows, changing the lampshades and increasing the wattage of your light bulbs.
3. Conceal the critters. Not every buyer is a dog- or cat-lover, so put away your food bowls and litter boxes and remove pet hair.
4. The kitchen comes first. The benefits of remodeling your kitchen are endless, not the least of which is getting 85 percent of your money back.
5. The first impression is the only impression. Spruce up your home’s exterior with inexpensive shrubs and brightly colored flowers. You can typically get a 100 percent return on the money you put into curb appeal.
One of the first things prospective buyers notice is your floors – flooring can help make or break a sale. Let us help you make a great first impression with a carpet cleaning or tile floor cleaning. Call ServiceMaster Cleaning & Restoration by Clean in a Wink at 316-219-9696 for expert floor care.
HGTV is a registered trademark of Scripps Networks, Inc.