Some homeowners are tempted to make repairs themselves after experiencing smoke damage. But they are often unaware of the risks that involves.
If not handled properly, damage from smoke can worsen:
- Ash and smoke left behind can cause further damage and corrosion to materials.
- Odors from smoke will linger in a room or a home long after the fire is out.
- Smoke can discolor the walls and other surfaces in just a few minutes.
- Smoke can turn the finish on kitchen appliances yellow in a few hours.
- Smoke causes etching in glass after just a short time, and smoke will tarnish metal quickly.
If you experience smoke damage, call us at ServiceMaster Clean in a Wink. We are ready to help 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.